Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Freak Out or "Faith Up"

Carol, Jeanne - our youngest daughter, and I were talking last night about finances and trusting God.  Jeanne is quitting her other job to come to TBI full time.  We have too much to develop and track for Carol and me to handle on our own.  Jeanne's admin and communication skills have already been a great plus for TBI Ministries.  Jeanne believes this is what God is leading her to do as a next step in her faith journey. 

Though working for a business that has regular pay checks is a faith journey, working for TBI is another level of either "Freaking Out" or "Faithing Up". 

This phrase "Faith Up" is how I am describing the way God wants us:  me, Carol, and Jeanne to approach our complete trust in Him for funds to keep going in ministry, pay the bills, and give to others.  I have heard "Man Up" before when someone is exhorting a man to be a real man and, well, ... "man up".  I want to be a man of faith who works hard to do the part God calls me to do then trusts Him for the rest.  So I want to "Faith Up" rather than "Freak Out" as the challenges come and the needs persist.

I don't mean to write so much about finances, but it helps me to spell it out - literally - and read what God is doing in His ever-faithful way.  It encourages me and, hopefully, those who read this to recount story after story of miraculous ways God provides.  To be fair, every way God provides is miraculous because living today is a miracle, being forgiven - being loved - loving others - being free - having daily provision - knowing Christ - having a home in heaven - having a home here - having gifts and abilities - experiencing the abilities to think, see, feel, hear, smell, and taste - having been delivered from a variety of sin-addictions any one of which could have destroyed my life - having the indwelling Holy Spirit, etc....  These are all miracles. 

So why should I "Freak Out" in the face of such faithfulness?  Well, I should not, ever; but I probably will at times.  So when I fail to "Faith Up" and "Freak Out" instead, would you pray for me that I will stop freaking and start "faithing" sooner rather than later?  I appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment