Monday, December 20, 2010

Back from Kentucky

I am so grateful for my family...not just my wife, children, and grandchildren but also my Mom and extended family.   We continue to see God's hand guiding, drawing, welcoming, and loving each of us into a closer walk with Him.

As we drove in last night I had a ton of mixed emotions.  Being with the whole family was wonderful.  We had fun, meaningful talks, and great interaction.  I can't wait to be back with them again.

I miss being with Paul and Erin, Eli, Clara, and Joanna Mae.  They made it back to Little Rock safely and more quickly than I was able to drive it when we lived in Arkansas.  I think they have the trip mastered and they just don't stop much.  I, on the other hand, like to stop.  I don't enjoy being the guy who has the reputation for the "longest elapsed travel time".

Eli is growing up and is such a great young man.  He is quite the talker and uses words (good words) at 6 years of age that I didn't know until I was much older.  What a helper he is and how he loves to learn things!!

Clara Jayne is such a wit and you need to record everything she says because in there somewhere is another belly laugh.  Of course, we try to listen respectfully, but it's hard to do when you need to leave the room to keep from laughing out loud.  We think her voice sounds like Junior Asparagus in Veggie Tales.  I see kindness developing in her toward her brother, little sister, and others.

Joanna is a quiet (for now) little sweetie, who loves her "babies" and doesn't seem to mind observing others do stuff while she hangs out in my lap.  She is named after my mom, Mae Evelyn Lewis.

I am so proud of Paul and Erin in the way they are growing in love for each other and for their kids.  They are great at looking out for the health and well-being of their family and work very hard to find ways to live better through organics (not chemistry).

For those who don't recognize it, that last sentence was a play on an old commercial where the tag line was "living better through chemistry".  I think it might have been a tag line for Dupont or Dow Chemical.  Not sure.....fyi

Nathan, Suzanne, Evan, and Jonathan were driving back to Georgia with us in a convoy of two autos.  We did make a stop together then parted ways to go to our separate homes.   Evan's arm is healing after his accident, and he hasn't missed a beat.  He still loves to run and jump and climb even if one "wing" is not quite as useful for now.  It will be.  He is learning well how to obey his parents and how to be gentle with his little brother.

Jonathan makes the "more" sign-language move when I come around.  Don't you know that makes Grandaddy feel special!  He seems to be singing, in his little way, all the time and moves to the music. Whenever it goes, he goes.  He is as "full of life" as his mother was/is. 

Nathan and Suzanne are wonderful together.  I love watching my daughter being loved so well and supported in the many tasks she performs.  With each passing year I am blessed to see those two learning and growing in love for Christ and each other.  I am proud of them...both of them.

Jeanne is such a great help to me as we start this ministry.  Her diligence and perseverance are important to me as I get a bit "burdened down" with all the moving parts of starting a new business and ministry.  She probably doesn't realize what a jewel of a lady she is, and even if she does discover it one day, I hope she remains confident in the Lord and grateful to Him for blessing her as he has.  I see her as a woman who wants nothing less than God's best and is willing to wait on His provision.

Carol is without a doubt the "best thing that ever happened to me".  I am realizing a little more each day how much I need her in my life, as God conforms me to the image of Christ as He promised.  Carol is exactly who I need to be my companion and also the one from whom I learn what unconditional love means.  A question I added to my list of good questions this week: 
"How does God use Carol to help me become more of what He designed me to be?"  (and vice versa)
God is good all the time.

Our prayer is that as God has been faithful to us to forgive, to provide, to love us unconditionally, that we will be faithful to Him even when things are tough.  We don't want a fair weather faith.  We want a faith based on a deep "knowing" of His love for us.

1 comment:

  1. Come back to Kentucky soon! Looking forward to hearing the development of TBI Ministries and seeing how God uses you!

    ReplyDelete