Friday, April 6, 2012

Just Another April Fool

     For some reason the last few days have been an emotional roller-coaster.  I wish I could say that these ups and downs don't happen to me any more because I am so mature and super-spiritual, but I can't.  Well I could say it, but I'd be lying.

                                            Perhaps it is the pollen?!  

      I don't think so.  I think it is being too focused on my situation rather than the God who is over my situation.

     Really my situation isn't all that bad.  In fact, it is rather enviable, really.  I have a wonderful, loving wife of 39 years, 3 children who love Jesus and me, 6 grandchildren who are healthy and happy, some really good friends who actually care about me, two paid-for automobiles, food in the pantry, ministry involvement with people in several states and a few other countries, live in a wonderful house, and am in very good health.

     After re-reading the list I just made in the paragraph above, I guess I am just another April fool whose eyes have been focused on my lack of predictable income rather than the Lord Jesus Who loves me, gave Himself for me, and promised to meet all my needs according to His riches in glory.  He knows my needs and invites me to bring them to Him daily for the reassurance of His love and His awareness and His caring involvement.

     God is faithful to me.  No more "April fool" today.   OK?  We'll see about tomorrow when it comes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment