Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I was losing then I won!

This list of conclusions came to me after church Sunday, April 15, 2012 as I thought about the ministry we are in and the challenges that get to me at times:
1.  I was reminded that the call from God to do this ministry was clear and very personal.
2.  I realized that when funds don't come in as I had hoped, faith and fear lock in a battle for my mind.
3.  God's provision comes as He sees fit not as I expect or envision.
4.  Expecting that certain people or groups will (should) support TBI is a set up for disappointment.
5.  God's people use God's resources in ways He directs, and when resources come to us that means they cannot go to help others; therefore, I must use His resources wisely. 
7.  I am to love others and speak truth from a heart that is not anxious about whether that person will give to us or will change as a result of the truths shared in love. 
8.  God has provided and will continue, but not as I dictate.  His resources are just that...His resources.
9.  Though at times I fear and become ungrateful, I must not live in either place for long.
10.  Jesus deserves to be worshiped in spirit and truth by those who call others to do the same.
11.  Carol and I must be in agreement on financial issues so we don't breed fear or resentment into our marriage.
12.  Changing lives is God's work.  Loving God, myself, and others in His power and speaking His truths are my clear marching orders.

I love Jesus and so appreciate His tender care for me, my family, and those we serve and with whom we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment