Thursday, October 9, 2014

Can It Be True? Marriage Gets Better!

As a teen when I first thought about being married someday, there was no way I could have understood or imagined how life would be at 64.  Could you have imagined it?

Should someone have questioned me about marriage and what I thought it would be, not even then would I have thought much past the first few years.....wedding, honeymoon, work, kids, honeymoon, kids, honeymoon....you get the idea.

Now that Carol and I are almost 42 years into this relationship having 3 wonderful Lewis kids (adults), 2 wonderful in-laws for 2 of our 3 wonderful kids, 7 grand - and I do mean grand - grandchildren, I can honestly say that life is better than I could have imagined back in my teen years.

In fact, it is so great, that I now get to go around the country (even the world) helping Christian leader couples establish effective marriage and family ministries!  Who knew?!

So when culture and media tell you that marriage is mundane, average, awful, sub-par with just living together or "hooking up", and therefore not worth pursuing, they don't know what they are talking about.  Marriage - done in God's great love - is "exceeding abundant" above all I asked or imagined.  It's the hardest, most wonderful thing you'll ever do!

Now, that's what I'm talking about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment