Saturday, June 11, 2011

Down but not Out

Man, today - right before my birthday - has been one of several challenges mostly from the financial side.  Oversights, computer/email errors, and just the droning on of the costs of living have been weighing on me this whole day after one of the best mornings with the Lord I have had in a while....

What does that say?  I know this is a test of resilience and faith, but I don't have to like it, right?  People have been so kind to give, and we've seen God doing great works of healing and encouragement in marriages and families, even churches, but I don't like how it feels not to be able to jump up and go, take my family where I want to - when I want, especially on my birthday weekend.

I guess I am having a bit of a pity party ,when the truth is I have nothing to fear or worry about .... in any arena of life.  God is gracious to let me vent, put up with me and even love me in spite of my self-pity.  I have been helped by simply writing this down and hearing myself think out loud and write / read my thoughts.  I am going to go and have fun with my family....inexpensive, together, hang out, be around each other, enjoy a few friends who are coming over, and eat birthday cake.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment